SEARCH, a leading nationwide and global provider of cultural resources services to government and commercial customers, is continuously seeking top talent in the cultural resource management industry. As a full service company, SEARCH offers a multidisciplinary integration of our five divisions: Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History and Archives, and Heritage Design.
SEARCH is seeking a full time Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician to join our team. This position will primarily support the GIS needs of terrestrial archaeology and architectural history. The. Candidates must have strong interpersonal communication skills, ability to work in team settings, time management skills, and ability to function independently.
The GIS Technician duties will primarily consist of working with shapefiles and geodatabases, data entry, and map production, including also being responsible for creating graphics based on templates for field maps, report graphics, and so forth, preparing metadata and document GIS workflows, and upholding high quality GIS work in compliance with SEARCH’s GIS standards.
To perform this position successfully, candidates should possess:
- BA in Anthropology or related field, field experience a plus
- Minor or Certificate in GIS or related field (two or more semesters of GIS coursework), or two years of full-time work experience
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS 10x, knowledge of GPS processing software a plus (e.g., Trimble Pathfinder Office)
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel
- General knowledge of archaeological field methods (e.g., field school)
- Proficient with editing tools in ArcGIS, create and edit shapefiles
- Proficient with joins and relates between various tabular data and vector data
- Familiarity with feature symbology and style references in ArcMap
- Ability to research and compile data from various online data warehouses
- Experience with georeferencing aerial images and topographic maps
- Familiarity with ESRI geodatabases
- Experience with predictive models, LiDAR, and remote sensed data a plus
The position will be based out of SEARCH’s office in Newberry, Florida, just west of Gainesville. Very infrequent travel to other SEARCH locations may be required of the individual hired for this position. SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health & wellness and retirement plans.
The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check, including DMV. Applicants need to be eligible to be employed in the United States.
In Word or as a PDF, please send a cover letter, resume with minimum of two professional references, and dates of your availability. SEARCH will contact professional references and treat all employment inquires with discretion. To apply, click here: https://search.workable.com/j/4FC43B9733
SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SEARCH is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
The most important aspect of this list is that it is for one purpose only: Announcing jobs/non paying volunteer postings in the international CRM and Academia field at all levels; Field Tech, Professors, SHPO