Heritage Consultants, a Connecticut-based cultural resource management company, is seeking local field archaeologists for project-to-project work for the upcoming field season in Connecticut. Fieldwork will include Phase I cultural resources survey and Phase II testing projects, as well as potentially laboratory duties and report assistance.Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field;
- Completed an accredited archaeological field school
- At least 6 months of archaeological field experience with a professional cultural resources firm;
- Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation;
- Ability to work in diverse terrain that will involves hiking to and from project areas;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well with others and be a proactive part of a project team;
- Detailed note taking skills;
- A valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation;
- Ability to operate Trimble GPS units and navigate using USGS maps/aerial photography preferred.
To Apply:Please send a cover letter (in PDF or WORD format) that presents your field experience, including any in Connecticut; a copy of your resume/CV; contact information for at least of two references; and a date of availability to dgeorge AT heritage-consultants DOT com. Starting pay will be commensurate with education and experience. Heritage Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.