We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Archaeologists for our Cultural Resources group in our Phoenix, Arizona office. The role will be to perform archaeological fieldwork and field documentation.
• Have strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with clients, contractors, and fellow employees
• Be able to work independently and as a member of a diverse team
• Perform all aspects of archaeological field investigations (set up control units, excavate control units and features, documentation, monitoring, survey, etc.)
• Use a compass, trowel, shovel, pick, hula hoe, and screen
• Complete accurate standard field forms and maps (sites, features, etc.)
• Participate in artifact processing and data entry
• Assist with preparation of technical reports
• Conduct site file searches at federal, state, and private repositories
• BA or BS in anthropology or archaeology, or relevant archaeological field experience
• Minimum of 2 years of excavation experience
• Ability to lift and carry 25-pound backpack for at least 1 hour
• Experience completing archaeological excavation forms
• Ability to perform fieldwork in adverse conditions (rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures, arid environments, dense vegetation) and carry 25 pounds of equipment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Good driving record
Working Conditions and Environment:
Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, and Texas. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, a global consulting firm with offices in over 30 countries and a staff of over 2,000 professionals world-wide. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees. AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program. AZTEC is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to affirmative action planning.
Please apply online at www.aztec.us http://www.aztec.us/