*Company Name: **SWCA Environmental Consultants*
*Position Title: **Cultural Resources Field Director*
*Location: **Bridgeville, Pennsylvania 15017, United States*
SWCA is expanding its team and looking for dynamic individuals who are
following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. We
have a career opportunity for a Cultural Resources Field Director to work
from our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, office.
This is a full-time, hourly position. The candidate will typically work 40
hours per week, depending on workload. Overtime may be possible. Pay rate
will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
The Cultural Resources Field Director will be responsible for::
- Directing Cultural Resource field crews composed of crew chiefs and
- Performing fieldwork (Phase I, II and III survey, testing,
archaeological monitoring, and data recovery) and assisting Project
Managers and Principal Investigators with cultural resources tasks.
- Complex coordination of client/consultant interaction, land access,
field crew progress, and daily data transfer and management.
- Technical reporting, including Phase I, II and III Archaeological
Reports and all associated documentation and data forms.
- Successful candidates will be able to thrive in our team-oriented
approach to project completion.
- Responsible for site form preparation/review, research and literature
review, and SHPO reviews.
- Effective communication and teamwork across multiple disciplines, both
internally and externally.
- Data QA/QC, organization, and tracking of field data, and collecting
GPS data using Trimble units (knowledge of TerrSync operating systems
- Implementation, enforcement, and documentation of SWCA Safety
standards for self and crews. Conduct morning tailgate meetings as
- Management and maintenance of field equipment.
- Ensuring that Crew Chiefs and field crews are prepared for field
- A Bachelor's degree in anthropology or a closely related field is
required; Master's degree preferred.
- Current listing as a Registered Professional Archaeologist (or
qualified for RPA status) preferred.
- Previous experience conducting and supervising archaeological
fieldwork in the northeast and Midwest regions, including PA, OH, WV, VA,
DE, NY, IN, IL, KY, and additional Midwestern and eastern states.
- Strong leadership and supervision abilities, including problem
solving, constructive conflict resolution, and decision making.
- Ability to be listed on state and federal cultural resource permits.
- Team player with strong ability take initiative and solve problems
using sound judgment.
- The ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for long hours and
extended periods, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and at
high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing
a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United
States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks
among *Engineering News-Record's* Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our
website or need assistance completing the online application process due to
This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All
other inquiries will not receive a response.
*EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are
encouraged to apply.*
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/4w8x3h8g3pdsbwv7