Cultural Resources Laboratory Manager – Denver, Colorado
ERO Resources Corporation is a Denver-based environmental consulting firm that specializes in natural, cultural, and water resource investigations, planning, and permitting. Our staff of about 60 professionals is located primarily in Denver, with satellite offices in Durango and Hotchkiss, Colorado and in Idaho. We work on a broad range of environmental projects for diverse clients, including private interests, engineering firms, and local, state, and federal agencies.
The Cultural Resources Laboratory Manager would primarily support archaeological excavations and large-scale inventory projects. The laboratory manager is responsible for planning, performing, and directing all activities associated with artifact collections and supporting documentation. The position requires working closely with project managers to ensure the successful transfer and management of archaeological collections and documentation.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Organizing and processing artifacts and documentation
· Performing documentation quality control reviews
· Analyzing and cataloging artifacts
· Photographing artifacts
· Preparing artifacts and documentation for curation
· Preparing artifacts and samples for specialized analysis
· Performing database entry and database management
· Completing and reviewing state site forms
· Writing reports
· Performing other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
Strong writing skills and prior excavation experience is preferred. The successful candidate should possess knowledge of a broad range of historic and prehistoric artifact types, Colorado Archaeology and Historic Preservation site forms, curation standards, and database applications (e.g., Microsoft Access and PastPerfect). The position may have opportunities for archaeological fieldwork.
The successful candidate must possess:
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience working with archaeological collections
· A B.A. in anthropology with an emphasis toward archaeology and demonstrable experience in collections and digital data management; preference will be given to candidates with an M.A. in archaeology.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Full-time position with benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, a 401K plan, and generous paid time off.
Only potential candidates will be contacted for interviews. Applicants selected for interviews will be asked to provide at least three references. Successful candidates may be required to submit to a drug test and background check after the interview process is complete.
ERO participates in e-verify and pre-employment background screening services. ERO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans to apply.
For more information about ERO Resources, visit our website at www.eroresources.com http://www.eroresources.com.