Stell is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors.
Archaeological Field Directors reconstruct cultures of the past through the archaeological record, and have extensive knowledge of archaeological inventory, testing, and excavation techniques
* Successfully plan, conduct and manage Phase I inventory, Phase II evaluation, and Phase III data recovery efforts
* Actively assist in the manual excavation of probes and test units
* Treat and analyze pre-contact and historic period artifacts.
* Conduct archaeological research and analysis.
* Prepare technical reports of methodology, findings, and recommendations.
* Logistically plan and implement field projects
* Keep and maintain records of work conducted
* Direct field crews, and advise archaeological crews in applicable archaeological methodology.
* Assist in the preparation of technical and cost proposals, and help in the preparation of resumes and other marketing materials.
* Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
* A BA or BS in anthropology with an emphasis in archaeology required.
* Archaeological field school required.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required in order to provide strong focus and high quality customer service. Candidates must be able to travel and conduct work in inclement weather and through rugged terrain. Experience working on state Department of Transportation (DOT) projects and/or US military installations across the U.S. is preferred.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field and technical report production; showing continuous advancement in archaeological knowledge, skills, abilities, and responsibilities, including at least one year of supervisory experience.
* Demonstrated experience in identification and recording historic and prehistoric archaeological sites.
* In-depth knowledge of soils, particularly in deep alluvial settings.
* In-depth knowledge of the National Historic Preservation Act and Standards as well as regional and state SHPO standards.
* Proficient with site, excavation, plan and profile maps, GPS/GIS, and experienced in organizing and maintaining data, and completing archaeological site forms.
* Strong competency in GPS, GIS (Trimble, ArcGIS 10), general MS Office applications, MS Project, Excel, and Access database skills required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
. No phone calls please.