Archaeological Field Technician
(Fort St. James, B.C. – Job ID: 2017-011)
Ecofor Consulting Ltd. is a natural and cultural heritage resource management company with a team of over 50professional and technical employees. Ecofor has offices in Fort St. James, Fort St. John, Prince George, Terrace, Williams Lake, Calgary, Nova Scotia and Whitehorse. We provide expertise in a broad range of disciplines including fisheries and aquatics, wildlife, vegetation and riparian, soils and terrain, hydrology, reclamation and enhancement, environmental monitoring, environmental assessment, contaminated sites, land use planning, archaeology, traditional land use, traditional ecological knowledge, heritage consultation, and socio-economic assessment.
Ecofor is currently seeking seasonal Archaeological Field Technicians (four month positions) to join our team in our Fort St. James, BC office.
• Assist in the identification of areas of potential and heritage sites.
• Assist in data collection and data management.
• Assist field reconnaissance and archaeological impact assessments for oil and gas, forestry, transportation and other industries.
Preferred Qualifications and Assets Include:
• Pursuing or having obtained a B.Sc. in Archaeology, or B.A. in Anthropology.
• Experience in Cultural Resource Management would be an asset.
• Familiarity with provincial and federal heritageassessment regulatory environment in BC is an asset.
• Familiarity with mapping, pedestrian survey, subsurface testing, excavation, data collection, field note taking and laboratory work is an asset.
• Excellent writing and communication skills, desire to grow business, and work closely (both in a field lead and support role) with other environmental professionals, environmental discipline leads, and First Nations.
• Able to work in a strong safety culture.
• Must possess a valid driver's license;
• Certification in UTV operations would be an asset.
For additional information regarding Ecofor please visit our website at www.ecofor.ca http://www.ecofor.ca.