VACANCY ANN. #: STOI-17-012TITLE: PROJECT ARCHAEOLOGIST,BPA SURVEYSUPERVISOR: PRESERVATIONPROGRAM MANAGERDEPARTMENT: PRESERVATION DEPARTMENTLOCATION: WELLPINIT, WASTATUS: REGULAR/FULL-TIME
RATE OF PAY: $19.00- $21.00/PER HOUR, (DOQ DOE)OPENING DATE: FEBRUARY7, 2017CLOSING DATE: OPENUNTIL FILLED
The Spokane Tribe, asa sovereign government with expanding duties to regulate and manage itscultural resources, has a need for archaeological services for the TribalPreservation Program on the Spokane Indian Reservation. The Spokane Tribal Project PreservationProgram provides Sec. 106 and Sec. 110 services for Bonneville Power Authority(BPA) as well as 1282 Cultural Compliance Services for off reservationentities. The (P.A.) ProjectArchaeologist reports directly to the Principal Investigator.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Anthropological consultations with regard to cultural resource and museum/repository services management (this is to include consultation with the Tribal Historic Preservation Office).
- Archaeologist services regarding cultural resource survey, sub-surface testing, data recovery, and management of collections and computerized information systems;
- Supervising a field crew and identifying and recording cultural sites using standard archaeological methods
- Training the Preservation Office staff in preservation methodology, cultural transmission program activities, and other Preservation Program activities as deemed appropriate by the Tribe;
- Document and prepare necessary reports for deliverables as Project Archaeologist of the Spokane Tribe of Indians, GPS data, hand mapping and photography
- Assist the tribe in burial recoveries when needed
- Participate in the annual contract negotiations with the Bonneville Power Authority in preparing the S.O.W. and fiscal year work schedules
- Master degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field
- Two years of survey experience
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with various Tribal Staff, as well as outside agency personnel and the general public
- Must be able to produce professional quality written reports
- Must have skills in utilizing computers for word processing and to collect and manage data
- Must have public speaking skills, and be able to conduct meetings
- Must be able to work outside for long periods of time in various weather conditions and to travel to remote sites.
- Must be able to walk long distances in steep terrain and adverse conditions
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License, good driving record and be tribally insurable.
- Must pass a criminal background check
Applications Are Available In theTribal Human Resources Department
P.O.Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
PH:(509) 458-6583 FAX:(509) 458-6556
ApplicationsMust Be Received In The Human Resources Department No Later Than
4:30pm on The Closing Date
TheSpokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian
ApplicantsAre Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
PositionsWith The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period