We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Lab Directors for our Arizona office. The role will be to manage the archaeological lab and staff.
- Check-in artifact bags and review field forms for completeness
- Direct artifact processing and analysis
- Overall organization and maintenance of lab (including field and lab equipment)
- Perform quality assurance on work conducted by lab staff
- Prepare databases to track artifacts during processing, analysis, and project closeout
- Submit artifact samples for special analyses
- Prepare and submit collections for curation
- Write portions of archaeological reports
- Coordinate with field supervisors and archaeologists regarding project resources
Working Conditions and Environment:
Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
Company Overview:AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the Unites States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, and Texas. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, a global consulting firm with offices in over 30 countries and a staff of over 2,000 professionals world-wide. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees. AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program. AZTEC is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to affirmative action planning.
- B.A./B.S. in Anthropology or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in an archaeological lab
- Experience with databases
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with Microsoft software (Word, Powerpoint, Access, Excel)
- Familiarity with standard archaeological field methods and repository requirements for ASM and other AZ museums
- Experience in artifact analysis is preferred