· Company Name: SWCA Environmental Consultants
· Location: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States, 96813
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Our Pacific Islands office offers a unique work environment and specializes in natural and cultural resource management, environmental planning, and regulatory compliance.
We are seeking on-call Archaeological Field Technicians for work throughout the Hawaiian Islands. These positions are temporary, and work is dependent on project needs.
What you will accomplish:
Conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery. Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units.
Experience and qualifications for success:
- A Bachelor's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field or six (6) months field experience with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring required
- Six months experience working as a field archaeologist in Hawaii required
- An accredited Field School Certification is preferred.
- Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring required
- Knowledge of ArcPad or TerraSync is a plus
- Current valid driver's license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/qxd5gqwd8y