On-Call Archaeologists for Central and Northern California Fieldwork
Patrick GIS Group, Inc. is a CRM company seeking applications for on-call archaeologists for work in central and northern California. Positions are project-specific and/or seasonal hires. Responsibilities may include cultural resources monitoring at construction sites, archaeological field survey, testing and data recovery excavations, preparation of daily logs and site records, mapping, and data collection with GPS equipment (Garmin/Trimble). Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely-related field.
· 2+ years of experience working in CRM.
· Field experience, including survey, monitoring, testing, excavation, and monitoring in the western U.S.
· Experience with GPS units.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organization; and attention to detail.
· Knowledgeable in prehistoric and historic archaeology and built environment in California.
· A working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
· Ability to work well with others including federal, state, and Native American agencies.
· Ability to travel, including hotel or camping.
· Ability to perform fieldwork, including carrying field gear (approximately 30 lbs.) walking up to 10+ miles per day in rugged terrain and inclement weather. Additional environmental conditions and physiological requirements will be discussed prior to employment.