SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking on-call Archaeological Field Technicians to conduct cultural resource assessments, field surveys, and construction monitoring throughout Northern California and the Central Valley. These are temporary, hourly positions and the hours may fluctuate depending on the assignment. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
· Work in the field and/or office under the supervision of Project Managers and the Cultural Resources Program Director
· Perform archaeological fieldwork, including surveys and monitoring
· Prepare survey reports and contribute to cultural resource assessments, technical reports, and environmental documents in compliance with CEQA/NEPA
· Document field methods and results using field forms, digital photography, and sketches
· Contribute to team efforts during cultural resources investigations in other locations in California
· Take initiative, and use problem solving techniques
· Create and improve procedures that will assure tasks are completed in the most effective manner
· Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units
· A bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a closely related field
· Participation in an accredited field school or equivalent experience
· At least 2 years of experience working as a field archeologist in California
· Experience with the application of standard archaeological field and laboratory techniques.
· Strong writing skills for the preparation of survey, cultural resource technical reports, and archaeological sections of environmental documents
· Proficiency in using Trimble units
· Ability to travel and be able to conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather conditions, often in rugged terrain, and be able to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
· Previous field work experience from the San Francisco Bay Area and Central Valley
· Knowledge of Arc Pad or TerraSync is a plus
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned environmental firm with offices across the U.S. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with in-depth knowledge of permitting and compliance protocols to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions for a full spectrum of environmental projects. As one of the largest environmental compliance firms, SWCA ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you are seeking an opportunity to work on interesting projects in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions, then SWCA may be a great fit for you!
In support of our value of integrity, SWCA promotes a safe and drug free workplace. We participate in E-verify and pre-employment background screening services.
SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
For more information on SWCA visit www.swca.com
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, resumes must be received through our online application system. By clicking on new resume you can upload your cover letter and resume.