Archaeology Field / Laboratory Technician (on-call) - Flagstaff, AZ
WestLand Resources Inc. is seeking archaeology technicians to perform class III surveys in the field and related work in the laboratory.
· Associate's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field. Bachelor's degree preferred
· Previous related experience
· Ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in a desert environment (extreme temperatures, rough terrain), and ability to carry equipment and supplies (up to 60 pounds)
· Need to work as a member of a cohesive team
· Experience with MS Office products
· Ability to work on a fast paced and creative environment
1. Conduct archaeological field work (survey, testing, data recovery, etc.)
2. Process and catalog materials as per schedule
3. Enter artifact collections into Access Database
4. Perform preliminary analysis as necessary
5. Laboratory maintenance and organization
6. Maintain archaeology library
7. Filing and scanning of archeological records
8. Artifact photography and photo editing
9. Complete record searches and report tables
10. Record isolated occurrences of artifacts and features with a Trimble GPS
11. Map archaeological sites
12. Draw scaled profiles and maps
WestLand prides itself on providing a work environment that is relaxed and collaborative, while supporting the highest standards for project delivery and work product quality. Our team approach to both project and staff development naturally fosters a tight-knit environment of uniquely skilled and experienced professionals, learning from and helping one another.
Westland is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite applications from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about WestLand Resources, please visit our website at www.WestLandresources.com
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability