Archaeological Field Technician and/or Crew Chief (Irvine, CA)
Tetra Tech Inc., A leader in consulting, engineering, environmental science and technical services worldwide has a challenging opportunity for a highly motivated professional in our growing Technical Support Services Division. We are a diverse company, embracing talented individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength lies in collectively teaming together to provide integrated services delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs.
Tetra Tech Inc. Is accepting applications for on-call Archaeological Crew Chiefs and Field Technicians in the western U.S. These are temporary hourly positions and hours may vary depending on project-specific workload. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications, experience, and assigned project role.
Selected applicants will conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery under the supervision of Field Directors and/or Principal Investigators. Applicants must be able to perform all field tasks associated with archaeological site recording, post-field site form completion, and digital photography. Staff will be expected to assist with mapping cultural resources in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units, digital photography, and recording resources on appropriate state forms and Google Nexus tablets.
Education, Experience and Qualification:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely-related field is required
· Completed an archaeology field school
· At least 1-3 years of experience in CRM and/or some supervisory experience on archeological projects
· Some experience with large-scale cultural resource projects
· Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring throughout western U.S
· Experience with GPS (Trimble) units, TerraSync, Tablets, ArcGIS, and other computer-based programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
· Attention to detail a must
· Strong writing and editing skills with ability to complete cultural resource forms/documents in a timely manner
· Prepared to travel in any of the western states for prolonged field work
· Ability to conduct fieldwork carrying gear (35 lbs.+) up to 10 miles per day for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, remote locations, and rugged terrain
· Experience with the identification of a variety of prehistoric and historic resource types, flora, faunal, and human remains identification
· Self-motivated, respectful of others, positive, energetic, and ability to work and participate in a team environment
· Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads
· First Aid training
With more than 13,000 employees worldwide, 300 offices worldwide Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the globe. If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc.,http://www.tetratech.com/careers (search for Job No. CES00000155). Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required. If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.comto see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.