Established in 1999, Transcon Environmental, Inc., offers environmental consulting services throughout the western United States with offices in Arizona, California, and Utah. Our highly successful team of environmental planners, biologists and archaeologists provides environmental planning, permitting, and compliance as well as infrastructure siting, environmental construction management and monitoring. Our company philosophy is, “Understand and Serve.”
We are seeking a GIS Specialist for a full-time, hourly position in our Berkeley or San Francisco office. Working with the project team, the GIS Specialist will be responsible for preparing cultural resource maps for records searches and reports.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in GIS or closely related field
• Proficiency using ArcGIS
• Proficiency in prehistoric or historic archaeology of northern California
• Ability to perform work duties independently and reliably
• Ability to complete work requests under pressure with short deadlines
• Motivated, thorough, accurate, dependable and trustworthy
• Familiarity with typical electrical utility operations and maintenance activities
This position is full-time, hourly, non-exempt, and eligible for full benefits. Compensation will be based on qualifications, proficiencies, level of education, and years of experience. When overtime work is required, employee will be compensated with overtime pay in accordance with California law. We anticipate that employment will begin in June 2016.
• one-page cover letter (please note any archaeological permits you may hold)
• three references (include a supervisor and a co-worker)