Archaeologist Position Available IMMEDIATELY in Southern California
Pacific Legacy, Inc., a Cultural Resources Management firm, is dedicated to providing quality archaeological and cultural resource management services. Our firm is seeking an Archaeologist to work on a long-term (1+ year) project in remote desert areas of southern California. BA degree in anthropology/archaeology/CRM required with MA preferred. 3+ years CRM experience required. Knowledge of California BLM resource inventory, documentation and reporting standards is required. Archaeologist must be capable and comfortable working in desert environment, operating 4WD/ATV type vehicles. Experience must also include:
· National Register and California Register criteria for evaluating cultural resources.
· Ability to work alone/in a small group with minimal supervision.
· Experience using a GPS unit and the ability to learn ESRI ARCMap.
· General computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
· Must be able and willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions and be capable of lifting 50 lbs.
· Must be able to take initiative, work independently, and participate in collaborative efforts.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with resource professionals.
· English proficiency is imperative.
· Ability to pass a federal criminal background check is required.
· Ability to use tablet computers capable of transferring data to and from BLM systems via hard link, data cards, or email.
· Ability to use portable GPS units suitable for sub meter accuracy.
Compensation: Salary determined based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Applications must be received by April 10, 2016.
Pacific Legacy, Inc.
Attn: Patricia Welsh
4919 Windplay Dr. Ste. 4
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Fax: (916) 358-5161
|Reply via web post
|Reply to sender
|Reply to group
|Start a New Topic
|Messages in this topic (2)
The most important aspect of this list is that it is for one purpose only: Announcing jobs/non paying volunteer postings in the international CRM and Academia field at all levels; Field Tech, Professors, SHPO