Brown and Gay Engineers (BGE) is seeking archaeological field technicians for field work during summer 2017 through the remainder of the year in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. This is an hourly position on project basis, however future work is eminent. Pay will be determined by education and experience.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in anthropology or a closely related field required.
· Previous CRM field experience or academic archaeological field school.
· Experience in pipeline, utility transmission, petrochemical exploration projects highly preferred.
· Experience in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana preferred.
· Experience with Phase II NRHP Testing and Phase III Data Recovery projects preferred.
· Trimble GPS, Pathfinder, Terra Sync and Google Earth proficiency OR ability to learn how to
operate highly preferred.
· Trimble data collection proficiency is preferred.
· Effective and respectful communication skills with crew chief and other crew members.
· CPR, First Aid, First Aid for Wilderness Professionals certification preferred.
· Effective time management
· Ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for extended periods on a daily basis (crew typically works 10-hrs/day for duration of 10-day field effort, with exception of travel days).
· Ability to conduct fieldwork in inclement weather (excessive heat, rain, etc.) and carry equipment weighing up to 40 lbs. through rugged terrain while shovel testing at prescribed intervals.
· Familiarity with conducting fieldwork according to scope of work provided.
· Unit excavation, photography and exploratory trenching with special attention to detailed recordation.
· Attention to safety considerations, professional interpersonal communication, problem solving.
· Professional, detailed field paperwork: shovel test forms, field maps, photo logs, etc.
· Perform data collection using a Trimble.
· Communicating any issue (safety, injury, heat stress, etc.) to crew chief to facilitate timely
· Follow direction of Crew Chief or field director in support of the research design and project
Field Archaeologist - Your Name.