Cultural Resource Specialist Social Scientist IV (Midland, TX/SE New Mexico)
Tetra Tech Inc. a leader in consulting, engineering, environmental science and technical services worldwide has a challenging opportunity for a highly motivated professional in our growing Technical Support Services Division. We are a diverse company, embracing talented individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength lies in collectively teaming together to provide integrated services delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs.
Tetra Tech Inc. Is currently seeking a New Mexico (Carlsbad District) permitted Principal Investigator level archaeologist for full-time employment for archaeological investigations in southeastern New Mexico and western Texas. The selected candidate likely will sit in our Midland, Texas office and work closely with our Golden, Colorado office. This individual will be joining a thriving cultural practice focused on environmental projects in the energy sector (oil and gas, solar, wind, transmission lines, etc.).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
· Possess a MA, MS, or PhD in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a closely related field and have been approved by the BLM as a PI permitted in southeastern New Mexico
· Ideal candidates should have at least 5-10 years of experience in CRM and 3-5 years of supervisory experience on archeological projects and be proficient in ArcGIS 9 or 10
· In addition, the candidate must meet the New Mexico Administrative Code Qualification for Archaeological, 184.108.40.206, have strong writing skills, and be able to complete cultural resource documents and reports in a timely manner
· Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
· Meet the definition of a Principal Investigator in the Texas Administrative Code (Title 13, Part2, Chapter 26, Rule 26.5)
· Have familiarity with the Antiquities Code of Texas, the National Historic Preservation Act and requirements of other Federal regulatory agencies such as the BLM, USFS, USACE, DOE, EPA, FERC, etc.
· Be oriented towards business development
· Have experience with the Oil & Gas industry
· Have proposal experience
· Have project scoping and cost estimating experience
· Have experience managing field crews on surveys, testing, and data recovery projects, and experience with linear projects
· Interact in a positive and professional manner with clients
· Maintain strong working relationships with regulatory agencies, particularly SHPO, BLM, and FERC
· Have written sections for NEPA and other permitting processes
With more than 13,000 employees worldwide, 300 offices worldwide and 2.5 Billion revenue in FY 2014, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the globe. We offer a competitive full range compensation package including; company subsidized medical and prescription coverage; company paid life insurance and long-term disability; 401 (k) with company match; educational reimbursement; employee stock purchase plan and so much more!
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currentlyworking on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.