Archaeological Services, LLC, a cultural resource management company based in Vancouver, WA, is seeking LOCAL field archaeologists for project-to-project work for the upcoming field season in Washington and Oregon. Fieldwork will include Phase I cultural resources surveys and Phase II testing projects, as well as potential laboratory duties and report assistance.
Qualified candidates must have:
· Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field;
· Completed an accredited archaeological field school;
· At least 6 months of archaeological field experience with a professional cultural resources firm;
· Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation;
· Ability to work in diverse terrain that will involves hiking to and from project areas;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to work well with others and be a proactive part of a project team;
· Detailed note taking skills;
· A valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation;
· Ability to operate GPS units and navigate using USGS maps/aerial photography preferred.