ON CALL ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELD TECHNICIANS FOR PACIFIC LEGACY, INC. OFFICES LOCATED IN BERKELEY AND EL DORADO HILLS, CALIFORNIA
Pacific Legacy, Inc., a Cultural Resources Management firm, is accepting resumes for On-Call Archaeological Technicians for a variety of projects throughout California, including Northern California, Foothills, Bay Area, Central Valley and Sierras. Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Anthropology or related field, and two years fieldwork experience in the Great Basin and California.
Work schedules during the field season may vary from short term (i.e. a few days) to long term (over several months) field work.
Candidates must be comfortable with strenuous hiking and changing climate conditions; knowledge of basic California culture and history; possess excellent written/verbal communication skills; ability to identify artifacts and cultural features; to work and communicate efficiently with other agencies, Native American Groups and construction crews; and possess a valid California Driver's License with 3 years clean driving record.
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate ability to perform site monitoring, pedestrian survey, test excavation, and data recovery excavation.
* Provide support for field Supervisors in connection with evaluating cultural resource sites, site recording, providing accurate field notes and knowledge of digital photography
* Demonstrate ability to use topographic maps, aerial photographs and ability to operate GPS is a plus.
* Ability to travel in remote locations for extended periods of time, if needed.
* Ability to stand or kneel for long periods of time, carry up to 30 lbs of gear and hike in rugged terrain.
Compensation: Salary determined based on experience.
Pacific Legacy, Inc.
Attn: Patricia Welsh
4919 Windplay Dr., Ste. 4
El Dorado Hills, CA.
Fax: (916) 358.5161